“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
19 comments:
Anonymous
said...
The activities helped me understand what was expected of me. Having very clear expectations, guidelines and boundaries made it easier for me to understand what the teacher was wanting me to accomplish and learn! Additionally, I was better able to accomplish my task in a timely manner with the guidelines and clear instruction for how to get it done.
The activities helped me understand what was expected of me. Having very clear expectations, guidelines and boundaries made it easier for me to understand what the teacher was wanting me to accomplish and learn! Additionally, I was better able to accomplish my task in a timely manner with the guidelines and clear instruction for how to get it done. Jaymi Arlot
The brainstorming chart was something I was familiar with, but the problem filter really helped organize and help us decide, and the action plan also provided guidance. I think these things helped us move forward, but I can see it being really helpful in the classroom, the students can work together and practice their self management skills, and the teacher does not need to walk them through every step over and over, and repeat directions constantly. I always hear about “scaffolding” but using it really helped me appreciate just how helpful it is, and while it may take extra planning up front, I think it pays off when the students can guide their own learning. Natalie Miller
The activities today provided a way for us to present something we (as students) are passionate about and derive a step by step problem solve plan. The steps were laid out in a way that it was easy to understand and organize ideas to effectively communicate the information or problem clearly. The action plan was extremely useful in formulating the process we would go about to solve the problem at hand. I found it easy to organize and visualize what tasks needed to be complete, how they were going to be completed, and who would do it. This is something I will use in my classroom as an educator!
Our group worked very efficiently on this activity. By dividing the responsibilities for the various computer tasks among the group (brainstorming chart, problem filter, action plan, and proposal letter), everybody provided input while no one was burdened with the bulk of the activity. The provided scaffolding formats allowed our group to complete the assignment productively, quickly, and systematically, assuring that no step was left uncompleted and that our final proposal was of high quality.
I enjoyed the process of picking a topic through the problem filter. It prevents me from choosing a topic that would only end in a dead road. I think that this is a good way for groups to agree on something so that the whole process goes smoother. This is a form that I feel will be helpful to use throughout the rest of my graduate school experience. I also feel that the action plan was good to create before we created out presentation. It was like a more thorough rough draft that allowed for group collaboration.
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
Today’s activities were beneficial in increasing productivity by optimizing the process flow for students. As a student I was given the tools (brainstorming chart, problem filter, action plan, and hidden-text letter format) to be successfully guided through my critical thinking and solution acquisition process. The collaborative team environment was useful in not only generating ideas but in also in formulating the proper process steps of addressing our problem and creating more concise and eloquent communication to generate the greatest chance for success.
The structure of the scaffolding lesson was very accommodating in regards to information processing. The brainstorming page aided in formulating ideas for problems that middle school students may experience. The problem filter saved time in the long run because it encouraged us to pick the best problem in relation to the task given. The action plan increased productivity in that we were able to communicate as a group what we were going to do about the problem and divide up the work needed to generate and fine-tune our solution. Communication was facilitated with all of the activities involved because every group member was offered plenty of room for their input. The action plan started the problem solving, and it culminated with the end product, which for my group was a letter of proposal addressed to the principal of our school. Jolene Ferguson
This activity helped me to increase my productivity by weeding out ideas early on. Normally, I go through many steps before I realize I have come to a dead end. In order to complete these activities I had to brainstorm not only my initial idea, but also the other aspects of that idea. These activities forced me to face the future problems with my thoughts and move on before I wasted too much time on an idea that would not work out. It helped me process information more clearly because I had to go through the different phases of the project before actually working on it. This helped with problem solving as well because it forced me to look at my ideas and come up with solutions if I wanted to proceed with the idea. These activities forced me to lay everything out before I took the effort to work on it in detail, which in the end saved me a good amount of time.
This session during our activity we used brainstorming chart, problem filter, and action plan to scaffold student learning in order for them to be more successful. Scaffolding is not only a more efficient way for students to work, it helps answer questions the students might have by guiding them through the process of what is to be done, for example using word and the hide feature to help student write a letter. This process lead to better organization ways to reference back to other materials in order to communicate with classmates, teachers, and parents. I love this method and hope to one day be very efficient with it!
Working with the group helped me decide what topic to choose and focus my efforts on the process. We kept each other on task and assigned each individual roles which complemented our strengths. As a learner and team member I wanted to make sure I fulfilled my roles so I wouldn’t let down my teammates. Also, I had to be open-minded to the contributions of others and learn from what others brought to the process. By building the tasks from previous tasks, we were able to produce a more finished product. Had we not gone through the process, we wouldn’t have been able to sufficiently complete the final product. Jane Scott
Overall, the learning tools were very helpful in directing our attention and focusing our group conversations so that we were able to be a productive team and didn’t waste precious time trying to figure out where to start and what steps to take.
The brainstorming tool was helpful in reminding us to start with brainstorming, which is a step I often forget. Using the problem filter was very helpful in thinking through which idea was actually going to be possible. The thinking prompts improved communication and productivity. The Action Plan was extremely helpful in keeping our group on task and providing some structure to increase productivity. The hidden slides in the PowerPoint presentation gave us clear directions so that we could perform the task in a timely manner.
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
By using the scaffolding method we were able to break down the task into smaller more manageable and understandable parts. The existing structure (scaffolding tools) that was provided allowed guidance for our group to approach this challenge with less confusion as to where to begin. With continued collaboration the structure became more detailed and complex. This allowed our problem to be evaluated in depth, exposing many possible obstacles and opinions. We, as a group were then more efficient at designing a successful solution considering all possible outcomes.
I observed the four tools activities: brainstorming chart, problem filter, action plan, letter template enhancing both the productivity and effectiveness of the collaborative process. The brainstorming chart created a non threatening forum for all participants to get ideas out, without judgment. The problem filter created an atmosphere where allow participants could objectively evaluate options in a respective fashion without offending sentiments or feeling of team members. The action plan was a simple but effective tool to get all team members on the same page in addition to visually coordinating activities from start to finish. The templates, utilizing hidden text, served as a wonderful prompt of where to get started, versus wasting time on figuring out how to get started. All four of these tools enable a time efficient use of resources and supports a healthy and rich collaborative environment. I will definitely implement these strategies within my future classroom but will also use many of these fundamental within group projects during the MIT program. ~ Kristine Hackett
I liked using the Action Plan template. It allowed us to generate ideas about what action items would need to be done, by whom, and by when. This is a great organizational tool! Also, the brainstorming chart was a great way to generate ideas and organize our thoughts and process information. As far as problem solving, we made good use of the business letter template when writing our Proposal Letter. As a learner, it was wonderful to have a template to refer to. Many times, I found myself getting “lost” in creating the text of the letter that I needed to refer back to the template to “re-focus” on what the topic or purpose of that paragraph should be. This also allowed us to increase our productivity. We were able to get the letter done faster knowing what exactly the expectations were.
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
By using the scaffolding method we were able to break down the task into smaller more manageable and understandable parts. The existing structure (scaffolding tools) that was provided allowed guidance for our group to approach this challenge with less confusion as to where to begin. With continued collaboration the structure became more detailed and complex. This allowed our problem to be evaluated in depth, exposing many possible obstacles and opinions. We, as a group were then more efficient at designing a successful solution considering all possible outcomes.
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
The activity today helped me to understand how scaffolding works. It increased my productivity because we worked in group. It gave some ideas about the process of a survey. I could communicate my ideas and hear the ideas of others.
The benefit to work together to resolve a problem is the range of ideas are much bigger and teaches one to understand why we do what we are doing, to whom the problem is addressed to; and the advantages and disadvantages proposal contract or plan.
The activities today increased my knowledge of several technical components that I believe will be of practical value in the classroom. In particular, the exercise in creating templates is something I believe is very useful (I’ve wanted to know how to do this for my wedding coordination business for years!), as is the “hidden” feature for slides and text.
In addition, the team exercise was, yet again, another learning experience in how to work as a group. The tools were very helpful with the process – I will use them again, in many arenas. And for me, as an inexperienced PowerPoint creator, the exercise is creating our presentation was helpful because the more experienced people in our group (all of them except me!) taught me some of the processes.
The scaffolding process worked very well for me as a learner!
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
The activity of today was very helpful. The work done together with the other teachers was insightful. I learned that communication and cooperation helps to get different ideas. It turns the work more elaborated and consequently more rich.
The process grows with time and the production becomes more efficient and enjoyable. The scaffolding generates new ideas that can be built as a craft or a plan. It can be creative and motivating if you have a right amount of time. Many teachers came out with great ideas about elementary school and situations that can happen in real life. Gladis Da Rosa
19 comments:
The activities helped me understand what was expected of me. Having very clear expectations, guidelines and boundaries made it easier for me to understand what the teacher was wanting me to accomplish and learn! Additionally, I was better able to accomplish my task in a timely manner with the guidelines and clear instruction for how to get it done.
The activities helped me understand what was expected of me. Having very clear expectations, guidelines and boundaries made it easier for me to understand what the teacher was wanting me to accomplish and learn! Additionally, I was better able to accomplish my task in a timely manner with the guidelines and clear instruction for how to get it done. Jaymi Arlot
The brainstorming chart was something I was familiar with, but the problem filter really helped organize and help us decide, and the action plan also provided guidance. I think these things helped us move forward, but I can see it being really helpful in the classroom, the students can work together and practice their self management skills, and the teacher does not need to walk them through every step over and over, and repeat directions constantly. I always hear about “scaffolding” but using it really helped me appreciate just how helpful it is, and while it may take extra planning up front, I think it pays off when the students can guide their own learning.
Natalie Miller
The activities today provided a way for us to present something we (as students) are passionate about and derive a step by step problem solve plan. The steps were laid out in a way that it was easy to understand and organize ideas to effectively communicate the information or problem clearly. The action plan was extremely useful in formulating the process we would go about to solve the problem at hand. I found it easy to organize and visualize what tasks needed to be complete, how they were going to be completed, and who would do it. This is something I will use in my classroom as an educator!
Sara Bailey
Our group worked very efficiently on this activity. By dividing the responsibilities for the various computer tasks among the group (brainstorming chart, problem filter, action plan, and proposal letter), everybody provided input while no one was burdened with the bulk of the activity. The provided scaffolding formats allowed our group to complete the assignment productively, quickly, and systematically, assuring that no step was left uncompleted and that our final proposal was of high quality.
Natalie Keller
I enjoyed the process of picking a topic through the problem filter. It prevents me from choosing a topic that would only end in a dead road. I think that this is a good way for groups to agree on something so that the whole process goes smoother. This is a form that I feel will be helpful to use throughout the rest of my graduate school experience. I also feel that the action plan was good to create before we created out presentation. It was like a more thorough rough draft that allowed for group collaboration.
Stephanie Stutesman
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
Today’s activities were beneficial in increasing productivity by optimizing the process flow for students. As a student I was given the tools (brainstorming chart, problem filter, action plan, and hidden-text letter format) to be successfully guided through my critical thinking and solution acquisition process. The collaborative team environment was useful in not only generating ideas but in also in formulating the proper process steps of addressing our problem and creating more concise and eloquent communication to generate the greatest chance for success.
~Melody Autry-O’Dell
The structure of the scaffolding lesson was very accommodating in regards to information processing. The brainstorming page aided in formulating ideas for problems that middle school students may experience. The problem filter saved time in the long run because it encouraged us to pick the best problem in relation to the task given. The action plan increased productivity in that we were able to communicate as a group what we were going to do about the problem and divide up the work needed to generate and fine-tune our solution. Communication was facilitated with all of the activities involved because every group member was offered plenty of room for their input. The action plan started the problem solving, and it culminated with the end product, which for my group was a letter of proposal addressed to the principal of our school.
Jolene Ferguson
This activity helped me to increase my productivity by weeding out ideas early on. Normally, I go through many steps before I realize I have come to a dead end. In order to complete these activities I had to brainstorm not only my initial idea, but also the other aspects of that idea. These activities forced me to face the future problems with my thoughts and move on before I wasted too much time on an idea that would not work out. It helped me process information more clearly because I had to go through the different phases of the project before actually working on it. This helped with problem solving as well because it forced me to look at my ideas and come up with solutions if I wanted to proceed with the idea. These activities forced me to lay everything out before I took the effort to work on it in detail, which in the end saved me a good amount of time.
Tiffany Brogan
This session during our activity we used brainstorming chart, problem filter, and action plan to scaffold student learning in order for them to be more successful. Scaffolding is not only a more efficient way for students to work, it helps answer questions the students might have by guiding them through the process of what is to be done, for example using word and the hide feature to help student write a letter. This process lead to better organization ways to reference back to other materials in order to communicate with classmates, teachers, and parents. I love this method and hope to one day be very efficient with it!
Billy Beaumont
Working with the group helped me decide what topic to choose and focus my efforts on the process. We kept each other on task and assigned each individual roles which complemented our strengths. As a learner and team member I wanted to make sure I fulfilled my roles so I wouldn’t let down my teammates. Also, I had to be open-minded to the contributions of others and learn from what others brought to the process. By building the tasks from previous tasks, we were able to produce a more finished product. Had we not gone through the process, we wouldn’t have been able to sufficiently complete the final product. Jane Scott
Overall, the learning tools were very helpful in directing our attention and focusing our group conversations so that we were able to be a productive team and didn’t waste precious time trying to figure out where to start and what steps to take.
The brainstorming tool was helpful in reminding us to start with brainstorming, which is a step I often forget. Using the problem filter was very helpful in thinking through which idea was actually going to be possible. The thinking prompts improved communication and productivity. The Action Plan was extremely helpful in keeping our group on task and providing some structure to increase productivity. The hidden slides in the PowerPoint presentation gave us clear directions so that we could perform the task in a timely manner.
April Nissen
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
By using the scaffolding method we were able to break down the task into smaller more manageable and understandable parts. The existing structure (scaffolding tools) that was provided allowed guidance for our group to approach this challenge with less confusion as to where to begin. With continued collaboration the structure became more detailed and complex. This allowed our problem to be evaluated in depth, exposing many possible obstacles and opinions. We, as a group were then more efficient at designing a successful solution considering all possible outcomes.
I observed the four tools activities: brainstorming chart, problem filter, action plan, letter template enhancing both the productivity and effectiveness of the collaborative process. The brainstorming chart created a non threatening forum for all participants to get ideas out, without judgment. The problem filter created an atmosphere where allow participants could objectively evaluate options in a respective fashion without offending sentiments or feeling of team members. The action plan was a simple but effective tool to get all team members on the same page in addition to visually coordinating activities from start to finish. The templates, utilizing hidden text, served as a wonderful prompt of where to get started, versus wasting time on figuring out how to get started. All four of these tools enable a time efficient use of resources and supports a healthy and rich collaborative environment. I will definitely implement these strategies within my future classroom but will also use many of these fundamental within group projects during the MIT program. ~ Kristine Hackett
I liked using the Action Plan template. It allowed us to generate ideas about what action items would need to be done, by whom, and by when. This is a great organizational tool! Also, the brainstorming chart was a great way to generate ideas and organize our thoughts and process information. As far as problem solving, we made good use of the business letter template when writing our Proposal Letter. As a learner, it was wonderful to have a template to refer to. Many times, I found myself getting “lost” in creating the text of the letter that I needed to refer back to the template to “re-focus” on what the topic or purpose of that paragraph should be. This also allowed us to increase our productivity. We were able to get the letter done faster knowing what exactly the expectations were.
Genevieve Wiitanen
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
By using the scaffolding method we were able to break down the task into smaller more manageable and understandable parts. The existing structure (scaffolding tools) that was provided allowed guidance for our group to approach this challenge with less confusion as to where to begin. With continued collaboration the structure became more detailed and complex. This allowed our problem to be evaluated in depth, exposing many possible obstacles and opinions. We, as a group were then more efficient at designing a successful solution considering all possible outcomes.
Lisa MacKintosh
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
The activity today helped me to understand how scaffolding works. It increased my productivity because we worked in group. It gave some ideas about the process of a survey. I could communicate my ideas and hear the ideas of others.
The benefit to work together to resolve a problem is the range of ideas are much bigger and teaches one to understand why we do what we are doing, to whom the problem is addressed to; and the advantages and disadvantages proposal contract or plan.
Gladis Da Rosa
The activities today increased my knowledge of several technical components that I believe will be of practical value in the classroom. In particular, the exercise in creating templates is something I believe is very useful (I’ve wanted to know how to do this for my wedding coordination business for years!), as is the “hidden” feature for slides and text.
In addition, the team exercise was, yet again, another learning experience in how to work as a group. The tools were very helpful with the process – I will use them again, in many arenas. And for me, as an inexperienced PowerPoint creator, the exercise is creating our presentation was helpful because the more experienced people in our group (all of them except me!) taught me some of the processes.
The scaffolding process worked very well for me as a learner!
Kathleen Cunningham
“How did the activities allow you as a learner to increase productivity, problem solve, research and process information or communicate?”
The activity of today was very helpful. The work done together with the other teachers was insightful. I learned that communication and cooperation helps to get different ideas. It turns the work more elaborated and consequently more rich.
The process grows with time and the production becomes more efficient and enjoyable. The scaffolding generates new ideas that can be built as a craft or a plan. It can be creative and motivating if you have a right amount of time. Many teachers came out with great ideas about elementary school and situations that can happen in real life.
Gladis Da Rosa
Post a Comment