Describe where you are in the development process of your WebQuest lesson. What do you need help with?
16 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I am slowly moving along in my webquest development, though I wish I was further along. My webquest was deleted and I lost a lot of the information and am catching up. I am planning on coming in to the Education Computer Lab for the next few weeks on Thursday to get any additional help I may need. At this point, I am just trying to come up with ideas and simplifying the process for the students. I have explained in the "process" section how to save a document. I would also like to incorporate some more visuals or pictures if possible. I am excited to have this experience with webquests, though I'm wondering how I may have some help or assistance with this and what programs there are to use out there for them.
I am done with the student pages. Still working on the teacher pages. If I think of anything I need help with, I will attend one of the help sessions. Thanks, Greg
I have completed my top, introduction, task student pages. I have also written down my steps for my technology mini lesson of saving the worksheet the students will be using. I will be coming to the help sessions to finish up. I prefer to work at home as I a tend to be distracted when working with others. My goal is to have everything completed by our February 1st class.
At this point I am going through all of my student pages to ensure they meet the requirements on the checklist so that the pages that will be copied to the teacher pages are correct before I complete the rest of the work on these pages. I am having trouble finding a website that describes what makes a good advertisement so that I can link it on my process page. Luisa
Most of my student sheets are complete. I worked on it some over the break, and am now putting on the finishing details (more photos!) and making my reference page. I still need to make progress on the teacher pages, including deciding which minilesson I would like to teach. I'm thinking it'll be on saving a document. I'm pleased with what I have thus far. Erika Wilson
Today I worked on the WebQuest a lot. It was very helpful to be in class and discuss what we will be working on with the teacher pages of the webquest. Also, Christine showed me that I had been saving things in Word incorrectly, and with her help, working on the webquest is a lot easier to me.
I have taken a step back in the WebQuest assignment. Currently I am working on a new idea for what my lesson will entail. At this point I really need to develop my ideas and move forward with the basic outline of what I will do. When I have a more complete and polished product I intend on seeking out your support.
I am feeling pretty good about the development of my Webquest lesson. I am all done with my student pages except for some minor adjustments, since working on it on my Mac changed a lot of my settings. I am feeling confident that the teacher pages will not be too challenging and that I'll be able to complete the assignment by the next class meeting. I am really excited that we have learned how to make webquests and have even convinced my mentor teacher to use them in our next unit in the classroom! At this time I can't think of anything that I need help with. Thanks!
In the development process of my WebQuest I am now back at the beginning because I have decided to change my subject. I now want my WebQuest to tie in to my Social Studies unit which I am also attempting to tie in to my 702 project. I am now going to be working on a WebQuest that will have something to do with children creating a main street within their town and the businesses and communities that are associated with that street. At this point I don't need help with the process because it will just involve me getting the information down, but eventually I think I will need help linking the worksheets etc. to the student pages.
I feel very behind and overwhelmed. I lost my lovely and favorite zip drive so I'm starting over a tiny bit. I'm having difficulty focusing my lesson, but with some silent processing time away from the classroom buzz and reflection on your previous feedback I will proceed more effectively. Today I pulled my webquest offline and saved it to my new zip disk, went through all folders and streamlined the background theme, and refamiliarized my self with the assignment, my earlier ideas, and the procedures needed to complete this assignment.
I am moving at an okay speed with my webquest development,Just when I think I am ahead of the game and on the right track, I seem to get overwhelmed again. I think the teacher pages will go relatively fast for me and hopefully by attending the help sessions I can come close to completing. Today I got some of my mini lesson on the T-process page done! Kristine
I am feeling pretty good about my webquest. My student pages are complete and I finished the directions for my mini lesson which was on how to print out the worksheet that I designed to go with the Webquest. I still need to finish up my teacher pages, hopefully I can get to that this week so I can concentrate on some of my up-comming assignments! Julie
I am still in the beginning stages of my Webquest lesson. I am on the student Process page. I trimmed down the topic and tied it in with our next science foss kit.
I need general help to find and set up links and check to see if I am on target. I will be there on Thursday.
Once I finally picked my topic, I am really liking this WEBQUEST project. I have ALL the student pages and the teacher standards done. I'll be working on the rest of the teacher pages this next week. Please plan on me coming to your Thursday help session at noon.
I am trying very hard to make the WebQuest a part of my integrated unit, because it would make my work easier and because it would be much more meaningful than an isolated lesson. My original idea had involved alliteration and tongue twisters, but that lesson was taught in October 2007. There was no way I could go back and re-teach, unless I waited another year. I am now working on an integrated unit on Volcanoes, which I will be able to teach in my 6th grade classroom (although not in its entirety). This unit would include a language arts lesson, a social studies lesson, arts, technology (WebQuest), and at least one science lesson. The WebQuest would come in as a sort of final project, where students create their own brochure for Mt. St. Helens, including history, maps, hours, special events, a section on the 1980 eruption, emergency preparedness tips, and the importance of being informed citizens. I think I will be more motivated to work on the new idea, because it fits in with the work I already have to do for two other classes (social studies and arts). I also think this unit will give students a really good chance to access ideas from different entry points. Monica.
I am moving along on my webquest. It has started slowly because I have changed my topic a couple of times. But now that I have picked a final topic, I feel that my webquest will go much more smoothly. I anticipate needing help linking a word document to the webquest. I haven't completed my worksheet yet, but when I do I think I will need some help. Tara Russ
16 comments:
I am slowly moving along in my webquest development, though I wish I was further along. My webquest was deleted and I lost a lot of the information and am catching up. I am planning on coming in to the Education Computer Lab for the next few weeks on Thursday to get any additional help I may need. At this point, I am just trying to come up with ideas and simplifying the process for the students. I have explained in the "process" section how to save a document. I would also like to incorporate some more visuals or pictures if possible. I am excited to have this experience with webquests, though I'm wondering how I may have some help or assistance with this and what programs there are to use out there for them.
Brittany Osborne
I am done with the student pages. Still working on the teacher pages. If I think of anything I need help with, I will attend one of the help sessions.
Thanks,
Greg
I have completed my top, introduction, task student pages. I have also written down my steps for my technology mini lesson of saving the worksheet the students will be using. I will be coming to the help sessions to finish up. I prefer to work at home as I a tend to be distracted when working with others. My goal is to have everything completed by our February 1st class.
-Darren
At this point I am going through all of my student pages to ensure they meet the requirements on the checklist so that the pages that will be copied to the teacher pages are correct before I complete the rest of the work on these pages. I am having trouble finding a website that describes what makes a good advertisement so that I can link it on my process page.
Luisa
Most of my student sheets are complete. I worked on it some over the break, and am now putting on the finishing details (more photos!) and making my reference page. I still need to make progress on the teacher pages, including deciding which minilesson I would like to teach. I'm thinking it'll be on saving a document. I'm pleased with what I have thus far.
Erika Wilson
Today I worked on the WebQuest a lot. It was very helpful to be in class and discuss what we will be working on with the teacher pages of the webquest. Also, Christine showed me that I had been saving things in Word incorrectly, and with her help, working on the webquest is a lot easier to me.
By Jenny
I have taken a step back in the WebQuest assignment. Currently I am working on a new idea for what my lesson will entail. At this point I really need to develop my ideas and move forward with the basic outline of what I will do. When I have a more complete and polished product I intend on seeking out your support.
Brooke
I am feeling pretty good about the development of my Webquest lesson. I am all done with my student pages except for some minor adjustments, since working on it on my Mac changed a lot of my settings. I am feeling confident that the teacher pages will not be too challenging and that I'll be able to complete the assignment by the next class meeting.
I am really excited that we have learned how to make webquests and have even convinced my mentor teacher to use them in our next unit in the classroom!
At this time I can't think of anything that I need help with. Thanks!
Leah Meyer
In the development process of my WebQuest I am now back at the beginning because I have decided to change my subject. I now want my WebQuest to tie in to my Social Studies unit which I am also attempting to tie in to my 702 project. I am now going to be working on a WebQuest that will have something to do with children creating a main street within their town and the businesses and communities that are associated with that street. At this point I don't need help with the process because it will just involve me getting the information down, but eventually I think I will need help linking the worksheets etc. to the student pages.
Jenese
I feel very behind and overwhelmed. I lost my lovely and favorite zip drive so I'm starting over a tiny bit. I'm having difficulty focusing my lesson, but with some silent processing time away from the classroom buzz and reflection on your previous feedback I will proceed more effectively. Today I pulled my webquest offline and saved it to my new zip disk, went through all folders and streamlined the background theme, and refamiliarized my self with the assignment, my earlier ideas, and the procedures needed to complete this assignment.
Erica Nicewonger
I am moving at an okay speed with my webquest development,Just when I think I am ahead of the game and on the right track, I seem to get overwhelmed again. I think the teacher pages will go relatively fast for me and hopefully by attending the help sessions I can come close to completing. Today I got some of my mini lesson on the T-process page done!
Kristine
I am feeling pretty good about my webquest. My student pages are complete and I finished the directions for my mini lesson which was on how to print out the worksheet that I designed to go with the Webquest. I still need to finish up my teacher pages, hopefully I can get to that this week so I can concentrate on some of my up-comming assignments!
Julie
I am still in the beginning stages of my Webquest lesson. I am on the student Process page. I trimmed down the topic and tied it in with our next science foss kit.
I need general help to find and set up links and check to see if I am on target. I will be there on Thursday.
Thanks,
Trisha Kasper
Once I finally picked my topic, I am really liking this WEBQUEST project. I have ALL the student pages and the teacher standards done. I'll be working on the rest of the teacher pages this next week. Please plan on me coming to your Thursday help session at noon.
Thanks for your continued help!
Kim Rosendale
I am trying very hard to make the WebQuest a part of my integrated unit, because it would make my work easier and because it would be much more meaningful than an isolated lesson. My original idea had involved alliteration and tongue twisters, but that lesson was taught in October 2007. There was no way I could go back and re-teach, unless I waited another year.
I am now working on an integrated unit on Volcanoes, which I will be able to teach in my 6th grade classroom (although not in its entirety). This unit would include a language arts lesson, a social studies lesson, arts, technology (WebQuest), and at least one science lesson. The WebQuest would come in as a sort of final project, where students create their own brochure for Mt. St. Helens, including history, maps, hours, special events, a section on the 1980 eruption, emergency preparedness tips, and the importance of being informed citizens.
I think I will be more motivated to work on the new idea, because it fits in with the work I already have to do for two other classes (social studies and arts). I also think this unit will give students a really good chance to access ideas from different entry points.
Monica.
I am moving along on my webquest. It has started slowly because I have changed my topic a couple of times. But now that I have picked a final topic, I feel that my webquest will go much more smoothly.
I anticipate needing help linking a word document to the webquest. I haven't completed my worksheet yet, but when I do I think I will need some help.
Tara Russ
Post a Comment