How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
18 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I could use the Rubistar website to come up with rubrics for my student teaching and our WebQuest assignment. Also, I could access the WebQuest website to come up with potential lesson plan ideas to use in my classroom or actually use these websites for instruction.
We learned a lot of little tricks that will help us in our classrooms in the future. The one I liked the best was the website that has the rubric tool. This will come in really handy for making scoring rubrics for lessons and papers. We also saw a website that has a tool for making a student checklist that I can also see using in the future. Today, we saw some examples of “WebQuests” which are online lessons that students can explore. When I worked at Cascade last year, the 8th grade science class that I worked in used these all of the time, so I know it will be important to learn about them and learn how to create them. So, I plan on using all three of these items in my teaching. The rubric tool, the checklist tool, and the WebQuests. Of course the students will need access to computers in order to do the WebQuests, but most kids in the Evergreen district have pretty good access. By, Greg Daley
All of the web pages that Christine introduced about teacher resources were very insightful. I plan to use the rubric helping website a lot in my teaching. In fact, I was really not looking forward to coming up with my own rubric for grading out of thin air, but the webpage has very good prompts to help me guide my own criteria for certain subjects. I will edit what the prompts are from the website to be more appropriate for my class. Also, the website about GLEs is very helpful looking. I am still struggling with all the requirements that teachers are expected to pack into their lesson plans. I think becoming very familiar with this website will really be an asset in my teaching. -Jenny
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
Most likely I will use what I learned today to a certain extent in my classroom. Although there isn't much access to high end technology some of the things I will be able to utilize. For example I would be able to use the Web Quest lessons and modify them if needed based on the technology I have access to. To accomplish this goal I will need access to pertinent technology. I feel that the things I am learning are interesting, but I most likely wont use much of it in my classroom due to the limited technological resources.
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
I think what I have learned today will be very helpful and useful when I finally understand how to work it all. I am hoping over the course of this class I will become more proficient in using all of this new technology so that I can recall it when the time comes. It is all so overwhelming at first. What I need to accomplish this goal is a better understanding of computers and how they work.
I enjoyed seeing a menu of sites. I love Rubistar, it will come in handy when I teach science. We are planting brassica seeds in a cup of dirt and watching them grow, but it’s the presentation, the idea of open inquiry and setting the scene for the 2nd graders that I want to get right.
Webquest looks challenging but exciting. I would love to create a site to use with my students this spring. I definitely appreciate the Webquest template.
The OSPI site will be extremely handy in gearing lessons to the GLES.
I like the idea of backward design, because I often think backwards! I thought of the performance when I wrote my proposal for Ahas and wrote backwards to get the question. Trisha Kasper
I'm still digesting all the fabulous, useful pieces of information we learned today that will inevitably make our lives as teachers easier. I’m really excited about the 4Teachers resources and links like Rubistar and the list maker. My mentor teacher recently finished her pro-cert and is very focused on integrating the GLE’s in every lesson, so I will be visiting the OSPI website often and accessing the online resources and WASL examples. The “delicious” resource is also new to me and a great idea to coordinate access to resources between the school we will work at and out home computer. The Webquest is still a bit out of my reach, but luckily we have until February to fully develop how we will use that in our class. I’m excited to talk with my mentor teacher about these resources and get her feedback as well.
The tools I learned today were amazing and I am excited to use them in my own classroom. Whether I will be able to utilize these in my classroom is questionable because my mentor teacher prefers very little technology, but I will definitely apply them in my own classroom. I would like to see a Web Quest used in a classroom prior to doing my own because I am hesitant and a little skeptical of how functional and creative mine will be. I would like to incorporate Web Quest lessons in my teaching, coinciding with the curriculum because it is important for students to begin using technology at a young age if it accessible.
I am grateful for all of the assessment template websites and think that the assignments in this class will definitely teach me useful information as a prospective teacher.
I found the websites and websources we used today in class very helpful. I loved the idea of Rubistar and the checklist creator, because when I am teaching and planning lessons it will save me time and allow me to spend more time focusing on the content-the important stuff of the lesson. I'm all about saving time. I really liked the delicious website-I think it will be very helpful when looking up sources for my 702, but also in class situations for resources. The idea of a webquest is something that I would love to use in my teaching. I think it will help keep students on track but I like the freedom the teacher has in picking a topic and making it fun for the students by creating a scenario they can role play in. I think I am going to talk to my mentor teacher and tell him about these-he loves using technology in the classroom. We are doing a unit on populations and ecosystems right now and a webquest would be fun to incorporate. I think the most important thing I learned today was time saving strategies and resources to use in the future. I think this will be something I will use a lot! ~Leah Meyer
I have learned a lot of useful tools that will help me when I am teaching. Although I don’t know how to technically use all of these tools yet, I have a good start. The term working smarter, not harder would apply to the tools presented in this lesson. I feel that in the future a lot of these things (such as the rubric) will save me a lot of time that I could be spending in more useful ways such as lesson planning. I feel that the websites will help me out a lot and I plan on implementing web quests into my classroom. I really like how the web quests make the information more relatable to children. Tara R.
I think what I have learned today will be very helpful and useful when I finally understand how to work it all. I am hoping over the course of this class I will become more proficient in using all of this new technology so that I can recall it when the time comes. It is all so overwhelming at first. What I need to accomplish this goal is a better understanding of computers and how they work.
I am very excited about the things I was introduced to today. I think that the rubrics will come in handy, especially by being able to choose the requirements from a list. What a time saver! I think the excel program that we were introduced to – the popularity contest – will be beneficial for helping point out the social dynamics of the classroom. Finally, in regard to the Webquest project, I am relieved to see that the major structures have already been provided so that we will be able to focus on the content of our lessons. Erika Wilson
I will use what I learned today in my teaching to create an interactive approach to the content I am teaching for my students. Using the WebQuest and the tools for creating WebQuests really makes creating an online tool for student use easy. I can see using these both in class and possibly for homework tasks depending on the access students have available to them. This helps ensure that students are provided the appropriate scaffolding for lessons instead of just searching the internet and coming up with sources that may or may not be reputable. Luisa P.
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal? There were several tools that I liked in today’s lesson. One was the WebQuest idea, which sounds like a very interesting and interactive way for students to learn and research content, as well as present it to their classmates or their teacher. However, since I do not know everything about WebQuest yet, I need to read more about it so I can get a firmer grip on its potential for classroom use. Another useful tool I discovered today was the 4Teachers website, which had really good templates for note-taking, rubric-making, quiz-writing, checklist-forming … I will definitely use the Rubistar website to create some of my own assessment rubrics for my placement classroom (6th grade, Science and Language Arts). I don’t think I will use the PBL site that much, because checklists are better suited to younger students. Monica Hughey
Anonymous said... How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
I think what I have learned today will be very helpful and useful when I finally understand how to work it all. I am hoping over the course of this class I will become more proficient in using all of this new technology so that I can recall it when the time comes. It is all so overwhelming at first. What I need to accomplish this goal is a better understanding of computers and how they work.
I think that I will use a lot of what I have learned in this class eventually! Right now, the most useful tool I learned today, or at least am now aware of, is the tool for creating scoring rubrics and the 4teachers.com website. I know that I will be using this site to create rubrics for the lessons that I will be teaching in the very near future!
I am also very excited about the “delicious” feature to bookmark my favorites documents in an online format so they will be accessible to me regardless of the computer that I am using. I’m sure that I will also share this feature with my students when I’m given the opportunity. I will have to think about how I can incorporate this technology into lessons. Maybe it will just be tool that I can share when they are conducting research for papers or presentations. Julie Ciarlo
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
I will use what I learned today in my teaching by implementing WebQuests in my curriculum for students to explore various ideas, concepts and units. I found the WebQuests that we perused to be quite useful and informative and very fun. I would like to use technology such as this to supplement the units I will be teaching in my classroom. In addition I would like to create WebQuests of my to explore units in greater depth. We also used a tool called Rubistar to create various rubrics to convey expectation for assignments. In order accomplish this goal I will need to explore these tools and technologies a bit more.
Wow! I am amazed at what is available for teachers through technology and the internet. Seems like the checklist, rubric cubes, web-quest activities, socio gram template, citation machine, OSPI – WASL will all be utilized this semester. When planning a lesson, I’ll use GLE’s from the OSPI, develop a rubric, create group work situations where they will need to checklist their progress. The socio gram will be helpful for Jan’s class. I’ve been using citation machine since you told us about it last May. Thank you for that tip. What will I need to accomplish my plans of action? I will need your help in gaining the knowledge base of “how to” and I’ll need practice.
18 comments:
I could use the Rubistar website to come up with rubrics for my student teaching and our WebQuest assignment. Also, I could access the WebQuest website to come up with potential lesson plan ideas to use in my classroom or actually use these websites for instruction.
-Darren
We learned a lot of little tricks that will help us in our classrooms in the future. The one I liked the best was the website that has the rubric tool. This will come in really handy for making scoring rubrics for lessons and papers. We also saw a website that has a tool for making a student checklist that I can also see using in the future. Today, we saw some examples of “WebQuests” which are online lessons that students can explore. When I worked at Cascade last year, the 8th grade science class that I worked in used these all of the time, so I know it will be important to learn about them and learn how to create them. So, I plan on using all three of these items in my teaching. The rubric tool, the checklist tool, and the WebQuests. Of course the students will need access to computers in order to do the WebQuests, but most kids in the Evergreen district have pretty good access.
By, Greg Daley
All of the web pages that Christine introduced about teacher resources were very insightful. I plan to use the rubric helping website a lot in my teaching. In fact, I was really not looking forward to coming up with my own rubric for grading out of thin air, but the webpage has very good prompts to help me guide my own criteria for certain subjects. I will edit what the prompts are from the website to be more appropriate for my class.
Also, the website about GLEs is very helpful looking. I am still struggling with all the requirements that teachers are expected to pack into their lesson plans. I think becoming very familiar with this website will really be an asset in my teaching.
-Jenny
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
Most likely I will use what I learned today to a certain extent in my classroom. Although there isn't much access to high end technology some of the things I will be able to utilize. For example I would be able to use the Web Quest lessons and modify them if needed based on the technology I have access to. To accomplish this goal I will need access to pertinent technology. I feel that the things I am learning are interesting, but I most likely wont use much of it in my classroom due to the limited technological resources.
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
I think what I have learned today will be very helpful and useful when I finally understand how to work it all. I am hoping over the course of this class I will become more proficient in using all of this new technology so that I can recall it when the time comes. It is all so overwhelming at first. What I need to accomplish this goal is a better understanding of computers and how they work.
I enjoyed seeing a menu of sites. I love Rubistar, it will come in handy when I teach science. We are planting brassica seeds in a cup of dirt and watching them grow, but it’s the presentation, the idea of open inquiry and setting the scene for the 2nd graders that I want to get right.
Webquest looks challenging but exciting. I would love to create a site to use with my students this spring. I definitely appreciate the Webquest template.
The OSPI site will be extremely handy in gearing lessons to the GLES.
I like the idea of backward design, because I often think backwards! I thought of the performance when I wrote my proposal for Ahas and wrote backwards to get the question.
Trisha Kasper
I'm still digesting all the fabulous, useful pieces of information we learned today that will inevitably make our lives as teachers easier. I’m really excited about the 4Teachers resources and links like Rubistar and the list maker. My mentor teacher recently finished her pro-cert and is very focused on integrating the GLE’s in every lesson, so I will be visiting the OSPI website often and accessing the online resources and WASL examples. The “delicious” resource is also new to me and a great idea to coordinate access to resources between the school we will work at and out home computer. The Webquest is still a bit out of my reach, but luckily we have until February to fully develop how we will use that in our class. I’m excited to talk with my mentor teacher about these resources and get her feedback as well.
Erica Nicewonger
The tools I learned today were amazing and I am excited to use them in my own classroom. Whether I will be able to utilize these in my classroom is questionable because my mentor teacher prefers very little technology, but I will definitely apply them in my own classroom. I would like to see a Web Quest used in a classroom prior to doing my own because I am hesitant and a little skeptical of how functional and creative mine will be. I would like to incorporate Web Quest lessons in my teaching, coinciding with the curriculum because it is important for students to begin using technology at a young age if it accessible.
I am grateful for all of the assessment template websites and think that the assignments in this class will definitely teach me useful information as a prospective teacher.
Brittany Osborne
I found the websites and websources we used today in class very helpful. I loved the idea of Rubistar and the checklist creator, because when I am teaching and planning lessons it will save me time and allow me to spend more time focusing on the content-the important stuff of the lesson. I'm all about saving time.
I really liked the delicious website-I think it will be very helpful when looking up sources for my 702, but also in class situations for resources.
The idea of a webquest is something that I would love to use in my teaching. I think it will help keep students on track but I like the freedom the teacher has in picking a topic and making it fun for the students by creating a scenario they can role play in. I think I am going to talk to my mentor teacher and tell him about these-he loves using technology in the classroom. We are doing a unit on populations and ecosystems right now and a webquest would be fun to incorporate.
I think the most important thing I learned today was time saving strategies and resources to use in the future. I think this will be something I will use a lot!
~Leah Meyer
I have learned a lot of useful tools that will help me when I am teaching. Although I don’t know how to technically use all of these tools yet, I have a good start. The term working smarter, not harder would apply to the tools presented in this lesson. I feel that in the future a lot of these things (such as the rubric) will save me a lot of time that I could be spending in more useful ways such as lesson planning. I feel that the websites will help me out a lot and I plan on implementing web quests into my classroom. I really like how the web quests make the information more relatable to children.
Tara R.
I think what I have learned today will be very helpful and useful when I finally understand how to work it all. I am hoping over the course of this class I will become more proficient in using all of this new technology so that I can recall it when the time comes. It is all so overwhelming at first. What I need to accomplish this goal is a better understanding of computers and how they work.
Jenese
I am very excited about the things I was introduced to today. I think that the rubrics will come in handy, especially by being able to choose the requirements from a list. What a time saver! I think the excel program that we were introduced to – the popularity contest – will be beneficial for helping point out the social dynamics of the classroom. Finally, in regard to the Webquest project, I am relieved to see that the major structures have already been provided so that we will be able to focus on the content of our lessons.
Erika Wilson
I will use what I learned today in my teaching to create an interactive approach to the content I am teaching for my students. Using the WebQuest and the tools for creating WebQuests really makes creating an online tool for student use easy. I can see using these both in class and possibly for homework tasks depending on the access students have available to them. This helps ensure that students are provided the appropriate scaffolding for lessons instead of just searching the internet and coming up with sources that may or may not be reputable.
Luisa P.
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
There were several tools that I liked in today’s lesson. One was the WebQuest idea, which sounds like a very interesting and interactive way for students to learn and research content, as well as present it to their classmates or their teacher. However, since I do not know everything about WebQuest yet, I need to read more about it so I can get a firmer grip on its potential for classroom use. Another useful tool I discovered today was the 4Teachers website, which had really good templates for note-taking, rubric-making, quiz-writing, checklist-forming … I will definitely use the Rubistar website to create some of my own assessment rubrics for my placement classroom (6th grade, Science and Language Arts). I don’t think I will use the PBL site that much, because checklists are better suited to younger students.
Monica Hughey
Anonymous said...
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
I think what I have learned today will be very helpful and useful when I finally understand how to work it all. I am hoping over the course of this class I will become more proficient in using all of this new technology so that I can recall it when the time comes. It is all so overwhelming at first. What I need to accomplish this goal is a better understanding of computers and how they work.
September 21, 2007 6:00 PM
Kristine
I think that I will use a lot of what I have learned in this class eventually! Right now, the most useful tool I learned today, or at least am now aware of, is the tool for creating scoring rubrics and the 4teachers.com website. I know that I will be using this site to create rubrics for the lessons that I will be teaching in the very near future!
I am also very excited about the “delicious” feature to bookmark my favorites documents in an online format so they will be accessible to me regardless of the computer that I am using. I’m sure that I will also share this feature with my students when I’m given the opportunity. I will have to think about how I can incorporate this technology into lessons. Maybe it will just be tool that I can share when they are conducting research for papers or presentations.
Julie Ciarlo
How will you use what you have learned today in your teaching? What do you need to accomplish this goal?
I will use what I learned today in my teaching by implementing WebQuests in my curriculum for students to explore various ideas, concepts and units. I found the WebQuests that we perused to be quite useful and informative and very fun. I would like to use technology such as this to supplement the units I will be teaching in my classroom. In addition I would like to create WebQuests of my to explore units in greater depth. We also used a tool called Rubistar to create various rubrics to convey expectation for assignments. In order accomplish this goal I will need to explore these tools and technologies a bit more.
Brooke
Wow! I am amazed at what is available for teachers through technology and the internet. Seems like the checklist, rubric cubes, web-quest activities, socio gram template, citation machine, OSPI – WASL will all be utilized this semester. When planning a lesson, I’ll use GLE’s from the OSPI, develop a rubric, create group work situations where they will need to checklist their progress. The socio gram will be helpful for Jan’s class. I’ve been using citation machine since you told us about it last May. Thank you for that tip. What will I need to accomplish my plans of action? I will need your help in gaining the knowledge base of “how to” and I’ll need practice.
Our class is off to a great start!
Kim Rosendale
Post a Comment